Quality Control Manager
Application Reference Number: 0065
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 23/10/2020
Job Purpose: To undertake, inspections and commissioning, of units as directed by Regional Quality Manager/Department Head. To contribute to and champion, the Quality Management System (QMS) within allocated geographical area as part of the Quality Control operations, ensuring service levels and customer satisfaction are maintained. To carryout minor property maintenance works. Ensure the Company's interests and reputation is maintained and enhanced.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- A weekly schedule of work will be agreed, and provided in advance, by the Regional Quality Manager (RQM), who co-ordinates inspections and commissioning.
- Responsible for inspecting the quality of the units from Construction, prior to the handover to Customer Service/Sales.
- Champion the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Work closely with the project teams, to continue to work on the relationship and communication.
- Fully commission the units handed over by Construction and completing the relevant documentation.
- On arriving at the development, walk the units, scheduled for inspection, take photographs of how the unit is presented and email these to the RQM.
- Undertake the commissioning within the completed units, and enter this on Fieldview, and confirm the commissioning has been completed by email to the RQM.
- Undertake first and sign off inspections, including recommission, and enter on to Fieldview.
- Email conformation of first inspection complete, to the RQM.
- Once acceptable, issue the HO2 Notice/Partial sign off, to the business, ensuring the processes are followed with keys and handover packs.
- Represent the Company in a professional and courteous manner, and seek to ensure that the Company's interests are protected, and reputation maintained and enhanced.
- Produce and issue a weekly report on units inspected against the schedule, and identify any challenges faced.
- Report any persistent recurring defects to the RQM via the weekly report.
- Attend OHS&E training as required and ensure safe working environment.
- Ensure Company/personal car, is serviced regularly and maintained in a clean, tidy and presentable condition.
- Personal Protective Equipment/clothing provided by the Company, must be worn whilst working, and be in a presentable condition.
- Provide operational cover for colleagues during sickness, leave, training etc.
- Embrace any changes that are introduced to improve the overall quality for the business.
- Trade background
- Cross skill base an asset i.e., from trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Full driving licence essential
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on exceptional service delivery
- Calm, credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Good Team Player
- Open-minded and prepared to embrace change
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
- Be IT literate
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below