Application Reference Number: 0046
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 28/08/2020
Job Purpose: To be responsible for the Estimating function and provide support to the Land & Planning team on each project from initial identification and viability assessment through the land acquisition and planning process.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Measuring from drawings and transposing quantities into a bill of quantities/elemental cost plan or land appraisal.
- Liaison with subcontractors and analysis of rates for use in compiling cost plans and land appraisals.
- Liaison with the technical team to assess site constraints.
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals for inclusion within cost plans and land appraisals.
- Liaison with the material buying department to obtain pricing information for inclusion within cost plans and land appraisals.
- Production of land appraisals.
- Production of Planning Stack cost plans.
- Production of Pre-Commencement cost plans.
- Production of bench marking analysis for importation onto group portal.
- To have 5-10 years estimating experience within the residential sector (particularly housing and high density mixed-used development).
- Traditional new business attributes including, good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to help bring new sites into the business.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Good organisational skills.
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below