Application Reference Number: 0023
Location: Southall Waterside, West London
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 28/08/2020
Job Purpose: To assist the Commercial Finance Managers in providing accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting, project accounting management and comprehensive business partnering on Southall and/or other Berkeley St Joseph sites.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support Commercial Finance Managers as appropriate
- Work across all departments to build a strong network and understanding, business partnering to provide financial analysis and commercial acumen.
- To proactively contribute to project teams to aid the strategic direction of sites
- Assist in the preparation of cost reconciliations for project budgets, including but not limited to: Build Cost, Sales & Marketing budget, Pre site completion costs, Land & Planning costs, Estates costs, voids service charge
- Liaise with central Management Accounts to maintain system for allocated projects, with regards to: Build completion dates for each unit, Amending system cost plans, Cashflow - mid-month and month-end cash reviews for Build, Sales & Land cash, Providing information to the Central Finance team via the System Review process, Preparation of the annual budget, Preparation of financial and regulatory information for internal and external audit purposes.
- Assist in the reporting to Central Finance for: Monthly summary project reports, Build cost report, Progress trackers, Monthly Sales Reports
- To undertake other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- To provide accurate analysis of development options and provide commercial recommendations
- Attendance at build cost reviews, reconciliation and preparation of reported cost position
- Preparation of site analysis reporting
- Review of non-financial documents such as brochures, tenders, contracts to ensure accuracy and recognise risk
- Liaise with the Land & Development team to assist in setting and managing their budget
- Review of key issues facing the sites. Understand and communicate them to senior management
- Liaise with the estates team to review and challenge service charge budget
- To review management information and monitor void position
- Regular contact with the site based commercial team to review and challenge build cost plan
- Carry out checks to ascertain the financial stability of prospective contractors
- Liaise with site build teams to ascertain up to date construction position along with key issues associated with programme
- Demonstrated experience working in a management or project accounts role, preferably for a property developer
- ACA/ ACCA part qualified
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work under tight time pressures
- Keen to deliver exceptional internal customer service
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Team player, personable, but with the ability to challenge
- Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below