Commercial Director (Royal Warwick Square, Kensington)
Application Reference Number: 0020
Location: Royal Warwick Square, Kensington
Position Type: Permanent
Application End Date: 21/08/2020
Job Purpose: To take full responsibility for all Commercial and build cost aspects of one or more Projects from start to finish, and to ensure that Berkeley Commercial objectives and expectations are met within the project(s).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Strategically improve the Commercial department.
- Create a systemic, quality partnership with the technical and construction functions to value engineer and deliver "Berkeley-quality" projects on budget.
- Ensure build cost budgets are robust and kept up-to-date throughout the delivery of the development.
- Liaise with the Production Director and project team to ensure all commercial aspects of the development are reviewed and accurately reported to the Division.
- Ensure the procurement of contract works and services on fair and robust contracts with fully defined scope and delivery obligations.
- Ensure the administration of contractors' and consultants' appointments in a balanced manner minimising the Company's exposure to claims and dispute resolution.
- Develop/manage efficient and effective commercial controls and audit procedures to meet group and divisional standards.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all project suppliers and stakeholders.
- Bring through the latest technology and methods in cost surveying, reporting and construction.
- Communicate lessons-learned and ideas back through the business.
- Remain abreast of output from the Group Commercial Steering Committee to ensure that best practice and Group policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that Group commitments are communicated and adhered to by the commercial team.
- Ensure adequate commercial resource is in place at all times.
- Nurture and building a world-class Commercial team through effective recruitment, coaching and training.
- Ideally Quantity Surveying or Construction degree-level educated with 15+ years industry experience.
- Preferably membership of a professional body (CIOB, RICS etc.)
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service
- An effective leader, motivator and mentor
- Flexible and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Tolerant, and determined
- Team player
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like
Please note our standard working hours are 8am until 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Our Culture & Values
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below