Operating Company: Berkeley Homes Capital
Title: Business Admin
Is this a business operations role, or trade role? Business Operation
Application Reference Number: BHCAPBAWat
Entry Requirements: Level 2 qualifications or 5 GCSES including Maths and English grade 4/C and above.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Starting Salary: £18,500
Application End Date: 1st October 2021
Description: A fundamental part of business operations. Undertaking a variety of administrative skills.
Overview of the Role:
Please note that people working within the technical team are not working as architects; the technical team manages the design process, which usually includes the appointment of third party architects.
The technical department liaises closely with the land, commercial and construction departments to ensure a seamless transition from design through procurement and construction.
- General admin duties for overall office
- Answering the telephone. Dealing with the calls as required
- Greeting visitors
- Offering and making of drinks where required.
- Dealing with mail:
- Incoming: opening, date stamping, sorting and distributing to the relevant person/department.
- Outgoing: enveloping, labelling if necessary, franking, bagging; taking to the post office for posting if required in case of emergencies, large packets or failure of collection.
- Photocopying of all typed material, any relevant enclosures, other paperwork and plans.
- Filing of all day to day paperwork on regular basis.
- Minute Taking
- Typing of all correspondence, sub-contract orders, variation orders and other documents throughout the day as they are passed on.
- Uploading and Downloading to and from file storage systems.
- Checking, keeping and updating of stationery stock levels, ensuring best deals with stationery suppliers.
- Take every possible opportunity to improve your knowledge and development - expand the breadth of your knowledge-base as well as the depth.
- Work safely and competently in a site based environment always adhering to Group Health and Safety standards.
In carrying out your role we expect that you:
- Demonstrate support for Berkeley Group values
- Have Integrity - build trust by being open, clear and credible
- Be Passionate - take pride in what you do and the impact that you make
- Respect People - work together, empower people and value the contribution of others
- Think Creatively - find individual solutions
- Excellence Through Detail - deliver the best through attention to detail, in everything that you do
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake an agreed programme of learning that leads to gaining a recognised qualification as part of an apprenticeship framework/standard.
- To actively participate in your development plan under the supervision of your line manager, sub-contractor management team and the College assessor
- To work under supervision to learn your role. Specifics for each apprenticeship role can be found at the end of the job description.
- To work safely and competently in a site based environment and to always adhere to Group Health and Safety Standards.
- Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is used at the appropriate time for each task being undertaken.
- To undertake and take part in other duties, meetings, toolbox talks, supervision, training and events as requested by your manager that aids learning and development for your role.
- To demonstrate compassion and consideration for others, forming mutual trust and professional respect.
- To operate with a 'one team' approach demonstrating flexible engagement with internal and external colleagues.
- To operate with consistent effort, overcoming obstacles to achieve a goal.
- To be self-driven with a willingness to learn, adopting a 'can do' mentality and work ethic.
- To maintain the Berkeley Homes brand and assist in the delivery of a quality product with minimal build defects leading to positive customer satisfaction at hand-over and beyond.
- To consistently work to a high standard and look for ways to improve current working practices and processes for the benefit of customers and Berkeley Homes.
- Act in accordance with the company Culture and Values of 'Our Vision' commitment to being a World Class Business generating long-term value by creating successful, sustainable places where people aspire to live.
- Punctual and reliable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Follows instructions
- Good organisational, time management and planning skills
- Methodical and meticulous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, the internet and email
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- Takes pride in the job
- Works well as part of a team and on their own
Build trust by being open, clear and credible
Take pride in what we do and the impact we make
Work together, empower people and value their contribution
Find individual solutions for every site and situation
Deliver the best through attention to detail in everything we do
Here at the Berkeley Group we proactively appoint trusted suppliers when we require support from Recruitment Companies. The Berkeley Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from recruiters or employment agencies without consent.
Please fill in details below